In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.
Well, this past weekend, I bought a total of 50 books. That's right. 50. I can't even....yeah. And I thought the one from last week, with the 17 books, was long. To be fair, our library system was holding a GIANT weekend-long book sale, over 600,000 books, and most were only $.50. It was insane though. So many people, most of them wheeling around SUITCASES full of books. I'll be prepared for next year...
Also, I've decided that at this point, Chewie is going to be a regular fixture in these IMM posts. She flocks to the stacks of books, so why not. This weekend though was a little scary. Mike and I arrived home from the book sale, and she wasn't at the door like she normally is, to greet us. I walked in the house, calling her name, and she didn't come out. I shook her bag of treats, which usually makes her come running since she's my little Fatcat, and nothing. Shook her toys, nothing. I was losing my mind.
A few hours later, we found her. I'm still not sure how she got out, but she's home now and that's all that matters. It was scary!
Anyway, here are some of them. I couldn't get them all in the picture. So on to the list. I'm going to number them because on long lists like this I'm a bit OCD.
- Double Cross - James Patterson
- Born to Die - Lisa Jackson
- Torn - Chris Jordan
- Bad Things - Michael Marshall
- Third Degree - Greg Iles
- Prior Bad Acts - Tami Hoag
- Courting Trouble - Lisa Scottoline
- I Heard That Song Before - Mary Higgins Clark
- Fractured - Karin Slaughter
- Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
- One for the Money - Janet Evanovich
- Book of the Dead - Patricia Cornwell
- 14 - J.T. Ellison
- Smokin' Seventeen - Janet Evanovich
- Beyond Reach - Karin Slaughter
- Petey - Ben Mikaelsen
- Triptych - Karin Slaughter
- Hold Tight - Harlan Coben
- Mr. Perfect - Linda Howard
- The Baby Farm - Karen Harper
- Mystic River - Dennis Lehane
- The Tunnels - Michelle Gagnon
- Contest - Matthew Reilly
- Four Corners of Night - Craig Holden
- With No One As Witness - Elizabeth George
- The Gatekeeper - Michelle Gagnon
- Trace - Patricia Cornwell
- Blow Fly - Patricia Cornwell
- The Scarpetta Factor - Patricia Cornwell
- Predator - Patricia Cornwell
- Cruel and Unusual - Patricia Cornwell
- Chosen Prey - John Sandford
- Hide - Lisa Gardner
- Bad Love - Jonathan Kellerman
- Drop Dead Gorgeous - Linda Howard
- Seeds of Yesterday - V.C. Andrews
- Petals on the Wind - V.C. Andrews
- Death Dance - Linda Fairstein
- Monster - Jonathan Kellerman
- Eve - Iris Johansen
- Southern Cross - Patricia Cornwell
- Harm's Way - Stephen White
- Boneman's Daughter - Ted Dekker
- Taken - Chris Jordan
- The Nanny Murders - Merry Jones
- The Face on the Milk Carton - Caroline B. Cooney
- Whatever Happened to Janie? - Caroline B. Cooney
- The Voice on the Radio - Caroline B. Cooney
- What Janie Found - Caroline B. Cooney
Okay, so it was only 49, but jeez! I know most of these are mysteries, but they didn't really have much else. That's alright. I'm looking forward to next year!!!
What's in YOUR mailbox?